• Donations
  • Passages: Exploring The Life and Work of Eknath Easwarn

Passages: Exploring The Life and Work of Eknath Easwarn

• Saturday, April 10, 2021
  • 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM

Registration is closed

Passages: Exploring The Life and Work of Eknath Easwarn

In this Aldea Explores Workshop, learn about one of the most beloved spiritual writers and teachers of the 20th Century.  

Eknath Easwaran discovered meditation mid-life, while he was teaching on a college campus in central India. In the midst of a successful career he found himself haunted by age-old questions: Why am I here? What is life for? What will happen when I die? 

Meanwhile in a few short months he lost two people passionately dear to him: Mahatma Gandhi, whom he’d visited in his ashram, and his beloved grandmother, who was his spiritual teacher...

“Almost instinctively,” Easwaran said, “I went to my room and picked up my Gita, most of which I knew by heart. I closed my eyes, and as I began to repeat the verses silently to myself, the words opened up and took me deep, deep in.”

Over the next weeks he continued in the same way, seated in silence in the early morning. His meditation practice had begun. His writings and meditation wisdom have changed the lives of millions around the world. 

Learn more about Eknath Eswarn HERE: 

Your Workshop Facilitator

Karen Autrey is a member of  Aldea Spiritual Community and has followed Sri Eknath Easwaran’s teachings for the past 17 years.  She brings a perspective on Eswarn's teaching that will enable you to understand his work and choose a place to begin your own exploration of this important spiritual voice. 

ABOUT LOVE. PERIOD.

“Love. Period.” is more than a slogan at Aldea; it’s a statement of our identity. We view love as life’s highest value and the truest expression of life.

OUR LOCATION

8800 North La Canada Tucson, AZ 85704. Northeast corner of La Cañada and Hardy.